No matter what type of kitchen cabinets you have, it’s important to take proper care of them! Just like other structural and functional elements in your home, your kitchen cabinets are a valuable investment that can last many years if you’re willing to put some time and effort into cleaning and maintaining them.
If you’ve recently had a cabinet refinishing in Cottonwood Heights, Utah, caring for your new cabinets is absolutely essential. Keep reading this blog post to learn about Silver Tree Wood Refinishing’s cabinet care tips and cleaning schedule!
Cabinet Care & Cleaning Tips
- Only use cleaning tools that won’t scratch or damage your wood cabinets. For example, clean with soft microfiber cloths instead of rough paper towels.
- Avoid using soapy or waxy cleaners and vinegar on the surface of your cabinets— these solutions can damage wood surfaces.
- Don’t forget to wipe down nooks and crannies that attract dirt and grime. These areas include the hardware, handles, and grooves of the cabinets.
- Never drench your cabinets in cleaning solutions. Instead, apply a small amount of cleaner at a time to avoid using excess moisture.
- Be sure to moderate the temperature in your home and kitchen. Extreme humidity or heat can harm the wood and finish on your cabinets.
Cabinet Cleaning Schedule
Daily Cabinet Cleaning
Although it’s often overlooked, simple, everyday cabinet cleaning helps maintain the appearance and quality of your cabinets in the long run. Take a few minutes each day to wipe off any specks or spills on your cabinets with a microfiber cloth.
Weekly Cabinet Cleaning
Once a week, use a damp microfiber cloth to more thoroughly wipe down the entire surface of your cabinets. Make sure you wipe down the handles and grooves of the cabinets as well.
Monthly Cabinet Cleaning
Every month or so, polish your wood cabinets with an appropriate polish/cleaner. This nourishes the wood’s surface and renews its healthy appearance.
Yearly Cabinet Cleaning
Once a year, pick a day to deep clean the inside and outside of your cabinets. If you notice anything that needs repairs, call your local cabinet refinishing company in Cottonwood Heights!
Professional Cabinet Refinishing in Cottonwood Heights, Utah
Properly caring for your cabinets is one of the best ways to ensure that your cabinets are long-lasting and durable. But, if you’ve cleaned your cabinets and still find they aren’t looking as great as they used to, it’s likely time to schedule a cabinet refinishing in Cottonwood Heights, UT. Our cabinet refinishing service allows for color changes, so you can completely change the look of your kitchen cabinets. If you’re just looking to repair damage and restore the current finish of your cabinets, Silver Tree Wood Refinishing can take care of that too!
Contact Silver Tree Wood Refinishing for cabinet refinishing in Cottonwood Heights! We’re excited to transform your kitchen cabinets! Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook for more blog posts and updates.